Monday 31 October 2011

#170

B: Let me tell you a joke. What happened when the confidence trickster swindled a chef, a wildcat, and a philosopher? They fell for it cook, lion, and thinker.

A: What's going on here? WHAT ARE YOU DOING, B?

B: I'm telling a joke.

A: No! You can't talk first! That's not how it works! I always talk first. A says something, then B replies. You can't change that!

B: It's a new world, A.

A: No! It's against the laws of anonymous dialogue transcription convention!

B: Really? Am I to be punished for this?

A: Yes! Take this statement of indictment and pay the fee printed at the bottom.

B: Okay.

A: And let that be a lesson to you.

B: You know, I think that the way in which you exacted money for me as a penalty for my infringement was acceptable.

A: Where are you heading with this?

B: I mean, what you did was fine.

A: I wonder.

B: What do you wonder?

A: I wonder, is suicide against the laws of anonymous dialogue transcription convention?

No comments:

Post a Comment